Saturday, March 31, 2012

Seasonal Depression and Female Opression

Seriously heavy title right?  I hate being status-update-weather-girl but seriously guys, after two weeks of frolicking and swimming (yes swimming! in march!) and napping in the sunshine I am sitting here typing this as I watch snowflakes fall outside my window.  If you didn't know I lived in New England reading that might lead you to believe I just went on some kind of tropical vacation to a land of sunshine and happiness, but alas that is not true and mother nature duped me out of my winter depression and then with a slam of her fist shoved me right back down the hole into the darkness of cold and rainy days.

So that's been a bummer, and its my half assed excuse as to why I haven't been blogging.  If it were sunny out my excuse would be but guyssss its sunny and I reeeally don't want to be on my computerrrr My other half assed excuse is that I've also been overcome with the reality that is midterms, and this weekend I have miles and miles of homework to do.  Today (hopefully, if I'm a good girl) is going to be something like a 8 pomodoro day

Anyways, before I dive into that, I wanted to make a blog post for 3 reasons.  1, to let you know I am still alive - check.  B - to publicly announce that I may be a crazy feminazi? Its something I've tried to keep on the hush hush because no one likes a loud mouth regarding any issue, but for a while now I've been somewhat hypersensitive to sexism and I've been thinking a lot about feminism, which in itself is a ridiculous thing to even have to say, as masculinism isn't even regarded as a societal or political issue.  I won't talk about it a lot on here, I don't necessarily want my blog to be a platform for political discourse, and I don't want it to be polarizing to my readers but I just want to encourage other men and women to simply think about the things they here and to recognize the perpetuated sexism in our culture. /rant

And finally, reason III for today's post - etsy! Shameless self promotion.  (sidenote regarding reason B - I have had almost equal orders from women and men, which I think is great.  On first impression Etsy seems very feminine so I am thrilled that my surplus of menswear is making for satisfied male customers!) Much like my blog, my etsy has been neglected.  This however, came to and end yesterday when I shelped myself out of a hole and out into the sunlight with an armful of great new items.  I also reorganized my store into (gender neutral!) categories to make it easier for YOU to find that perfect piece that you've been searching for forever and ever.  Here are a few of my favs that just went up last night!

This is the best Pendleton shirt I have found.  Well, Tre found it, but I was there so.. Anyways,  from what I can tell it's brand new and in mint condition.  It has a cool loop button at the collar. It can be yours for $29 !

If there's one thing that seriously back, and hopefully for a while, its denim.  As far as I'm concerned, a dress like this is timeless, a midweight denim shirt dress.  I'd be torn between shortening it to just above the knee, or keeping it long for now because long/midlength skirts/dresses are very in this summer. $17

There are serious gold.  Quoddys! in collaboration with Sioux Mox!  These are brag worthy shoes, let me tell you.   Made in Maine, great for men or women - $35

So that's it, a little bit of this, a little bit of that.  Like I said I will be doing homework in the snow all day today, but tomorrow! tomorrow brings better things - Todd Farm with Emily and Alan! and Top Dog opens! Mother Nature be damned, it's Spring when I say it's Spring, and with days filled with Todd Farm and hot dogs well... you be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment