Monday, October 22, 2012

We're baaaackkk

And better than ever!  After a bit of a hiatus from blogging and Etsy I got bit by the bug again, and I've been working hard for quite a while now to bring things back and better than ever.  I got some great new inventory, I've almost completed setting up a workspace dedicated to the store (and sewing projects), and most of all I bought and set up a dedicated domain.

I've decided to start blogging about how I am doing everything, because it is overwhelming for me, someone who knew little-to-nothing about vintage clothes, html, web domains etc... before deciding to do all this.  When trying to set up my domain I would have given someone the biggest hug ever if they sent me a step by step for a newbie, in regular-people-speak about just how it all works, and now that I've got the basics figured out I may as well let my frustrations make it easier for someone else.

Also, I feel like a lot of etsy shop owners are a bit mysterious about where they get their stock from, and how they pick and choose what to buy/resell.  I totally empathize with people not wanting to share their "spots" for thrifting, and I will probably keep a few secrets to myself, but I have no problem divulging the method to my madness so I plan to start writing about that too.

Lastly, I definitely want to include more recipes.  I was at a potluck over the weekend and there was a huge mix of dietary restrictions - gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, paleo etc... so of course the topic came up.  One girl said "I could never be vegan.. I love food too much!" and I couldn't believe it!  Now, for full disclosure I'm not really vegan, I don't really like labeling my diet, but 90% of what I cook, buy and eat is vegan.  Also, for full disclosure, I really love food - and most vegans I know are also the biggest foodies I know so I'm hoping to blog about some food-loving recipes for vegans and non-vegans alike.

And finally, I've had some pretty good adventures as of late (like staying in a yurt, and antiquing on the cape) and we leave for Disney World in 3 weeks, and we booked a condo in Provincetown for Thanksgiving - so there's definitely a lot of blogging material for me to catch up on!

So while I get to work on all that, please check out the new URL, and seriously simple blog layout:


1 comment: