Monday, March 19, 2012

Super Spectacular Sunday

Sundays in general are pretty awesome, but Sundays from April - November are extra awesome because they always start with a trip to Todd Farm.  Here in New England we love antiquing, and Todd Farm is a huge antiques flea market (think mini-Brimfield) every Sunday morning (5am!) in Rowley, MA.  Because the weather has been so mild this winter the market opened two weeks early.

After we walked through everything once, twice, thrice - we picked up some eggs from "the egg lady" and went for a drive down Plum Island.  The weather was beautiful today, everyone was starting to come out from hibernation on Plum Island and beach parking lot was full.  After that we went for lunch at The Friendly Toast.  Once I was complete with food baby, we got some iced coffee and went for a long walk around downtown Portsmouth.

Lastly, on our way home we stopped at an amazing garden center that was having a 1/2 off sale on hanging plants.  Tre and I each got a clime-y vine-y hanging plant and I  finally found herb seedlings for my kitchen garden.  That means this week I can finally blog about my kitchen mini-makeover and move onto working on my living room.


Buying a Table Talk New England pie pan for my kitchen


wouldn't be a flea market without military surplus...



my prize!

Plum Island


This is one of the first buildings on the island.  Above it there used to be a sign that said "No Evacuation Possible" to warn visitors of the danger of being stuck on the island in the case of the local nuclear power plant exploding.  See a photo from the Wall St. Journal here




Tugboats, docked in "tugboat alley" in Portsmouth

giddy about succulents



5 comments:

  1. Whoa tre without a hat! We almost went the same places on Sunday but just went to the beach by our house instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around 1 am Sunday morning I told Tre to text you guys to see if you wanted to meet us at Todd Farm but he didn't because it was so late and then in the morning we forgot until we were a few miles away :( Top Dog opens April 1st, we should go to Todd Farm and then get hot dogs!

      Delete
  2. You look awesome in these pictures! Someone I work with lives in Rowley, I'm gonna ask him if hes ever gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you're so sweet. You should def. ask him because it's filled with some serious weirdos

      Delete
  3. God I need to get out of Georgia. We do not have awesome stuff like this. I tried the flea market here once, and after eating boiled peanuts (disgusting) and seeing cockroaches and swastikas everywhere I vowed never to go back.

    ReplyDelete