1) Plants. I've been seriously active lately, always trying to do something productive, and being a plant-mama on top of being a dog mama really doesn't allow me to be lazy. I'm proud of the work I'm doing in my garden, and I love my new plant shelf in my kitchen and all these things make me feel great. Being outside in the sunshine, covered in dirt and cow shit makes me 100000% happier than sitting on my ass inside staring at the internet.

2) Vitamins. I'm a pretty serious baby when it comes to swallowing pills. I can totally do it, I just hate to, and there must have been some kind of evil committee who decided to make all adult vitamins come in giant horse pill form. With some recommendation from my doctor and after 30 minutes in the vitamin isle at Whole Foods I found a handful of chewable adult supplements that (I believe) have seriously improved my daily energy level and mood. Even if it's just placebo, I don't really care because I feel great!

3) This baby, the Pretika microdermabrasion thingy. No, I am not cool enough to get paid to write about it but I think its so great that I wanted to tell you go to buy one for yourselves! Every day in the shower I put a dollop of this (the same stuff I've been using for 10 years, I lurve it) and scrub my face for 1 minute until it automatically shuts off. My face feels baby soft and it's seriously cut down on pimples and blemishes. It's a super cheap alternative to that other popular $100 microdermabrasion thingy (no I don't know the name, jeeze don't you have google?) and while I haven't used both and can't compare, the Pretika is so great I don't see how anything 3 times the cost could be even better!
I want to get one of those face scrubby things!
ReplyDeleteI love my plants. I've evolved a bit that now I don't usually kill them, but I'm still trying to get the hang of succulents. Go figure, the ones that are supposed to be unkillable are the ones that die on me!
ReplyDeleteHmmm b-complex. I take a multi now, but I don't really notice any difference in my energy or mood. Maybe I need different vitamins. I'm edgy about taking too many though, cause my kidneys freak the hell out if I take too many.