Friday, July 6, 2012

My dirty little secret..

So, if you know me (IRL) for longer than say.. 2 days you know that I have a little thing for Disney World.  Some people "get it" and others just don't.  I get a lot of "you're going back there again?!"
and "isn't it just an amusement park?".  I won't really delve into that much right now - another post for a another day.  I will however, do a "trip report" of sorts, which will hopefully sway those ignorant of the magic of Disney World and turn them into true believers. (if I were pushing my tongue into my cheek any harder.. well then I'd be really vulgar..) So anyways, while most people know I love Disney - they don't really understand the extent of that love, but lets just say if Disney were a person (oh wait..) then I would def. be emotionally cheating on my loving boyfriend.

A little bit of background: I never went to Disney world as a "child" - my first trip was a surprise trip on my 13th birthday.  A drunk teenager crashed his car into my house and my mom used the leftover insurance money for our trip.  We spent a week at All Star Music and had a fantastic time.  Since then I have been many times (more than my fingers, less than my fingers and toes)

Over the past 6 or so years, I have gone mostly with my dad.  Tre and I went once last November, and we are hopefully planning another trip soon.  This trip, however was another annual trip with my dad.  We spent 6 nights at Disney's Pop Century Resort and had a 7 day park hopper ticket.  We also had the (free) dining plan, thanks to a pin code I got in the mail.  We left on 6/27 and returned on 7/3

We left very early on Wednesday morning, and headed for Manchester Regional Airport where Tre dropped us off at the Southwest Terminal. We checked our bags, complete with Magical Express tags, and kissed them goodbye with faith that we would see them in our hotel room later that afternoon.  While waiting to board, we fueled up on (bad) Dunkin Donuts coffee and when it came time, we were the 5th and 6th people on the plane - which meant we got exactly the seats I wanted - front row!  Most leg room, first to get on the plane, first to get off - and first to get to Disney World (I wish)

2 hours and 40 minutes later we were in Orlando riding the tram to concourse B where you go to catch the Magical Express.  A 20 minute bus ride and a stop at Carribean Beach and tada! like magic we were at our resort - Pop Century.

Our room wasn't quite ready yet, but the very friendly cast member who checked us in ensured that we were going to receive a room in exactly the location I requested a week prior.  Great! It was lunch time anyways, so we walked across the Generation Gap Bridge over to the brand new Art of Animation resort for a bite to eat at the new Landscape of Flavors counter service spot.  I was quite excited for this, knowing that they are the ONLY place in "the World" that carries a 4 pack of mini Babycakes cupcakes as a snack/dessert credit.  I also knew that they were offering a fairly diverse menu and I wanted to try their home made veggie burger.

Much to my delight, their veggie burger was almost identical to my home made chickpea burgers, and it was delish.  For whatever reason though, I apparently did not snap a picture of it - which is not a problem I had the rest of the trip because I took over 3,000 photos!

Up next:
Off to the Magic Kingdom for Harmony Barber shop, Wishes, and a lesson in etiquette...






No comments:

Post a Comment