Sunday, April 29, 2012

Home is where the dogs are


This weekend Tre spent Saturday with his mom, and I spent my day at home.  After breakfast I drove down to Stow to get some soil from my favorite garden center/vegetable stand, Applefield Farm.  I also got a little excited by their herbs, and added 4 new ones to the family on my kitchen shelf: Purple Sage, Curry, Greek Oregano and Blooming Chives.  Once I got home I finally planted my potato seeds into the last of the coffee sacks. (Sidenote A: a few months ago Tre's friend who is a coffee roaster shipped me a box of about a dozen coffee sacks, which I used in re-decorating my living room, and then on Saturday I used the last 2 for potatoes.  I was pretty proud of myself for using most of pretty much all of them, and the rest I will shred and add to my compost pile.) (Sidenote B: my poor potato seeds have been sitting in a tray in the sun for about 10 days drying out.  For non-gardeners, potato seeds are just little potatoes with a bunch of eyes on them, so when you get them you cut them so each piece has 1-2 eyes and then you have to let them sit in the sun to get a thick calloused skin so they don't rot in the soil.  Normally, you let them sit for 1-2 days, but I have been so busy with school that mine sat out for well over a week, so cross your fingers that it doesn't screw up my plants!)  Anyways, after I finished that I figured I'd snap some pictures around the yard, and I wanted to finally show everyone the update to my living room and kitchen.  Now, to you reading this it's not much of an update, because you didn't see my house before, so its more of a welcome-to-my-home post.


Now that these have spouted, they grow a few inches every day.  Can't wait for noms



taters

my favorite smell ever





lazy dog
 
sad flowers are sad :(



lazy dog









1 comment: